Premium members do not see any ads! Click here to learn more.

Victory Fireworks Warehouse Trip

Great pictures. I have one from our pick up this year.

Not really the topic of the post but somewhat related. My wife said she say a comment on the pyro universe facebook site that said something about Victory being sold? Is that a thing?

Attachments

• 20200605_101241.jpg
    20200605_101241.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 20
Considering Victory had a year like everyone else's and they are sold out of almost everything, I'm guessing their warehouse doesn't look anything like that anymore.

Yes, Victory was bought by Winco.

Thanks! I had noticed GBB was built a little different than previous years (no big clay plug in the center). My wife said there was a post on the facebook page about the build change which included a mention of the Victory sale.

Last edited:
Changes in product construction likely had nothing to do with the sale. Victory doesn't directly control product construction or factories, they work with multiple major chinese manufacturers/distributors who all select the factories for manufacturing the product. With all the covid stuff going on it's possible that changes were made by the manufacturers to cut costs and production time.
All product for this year was ordered about this same time last year, probably well before the sale was finalized.
We'll see what the future holds, it's doesn't make sense to purposefully lower quality after spending a lot of money purchasing other companies and the intellectual rights/brands that go with them...but we'll see.

Thanks again! Always interesting to learn a bit more about the manufacturing piece. I like the Victory product and the people have been great to work with.

We have been buying a case of GBB and fusing first to last so each box shoots twice as fast for a few years now. We were shooting the whole case at once. I actually thought the overall quality was a little better for the case of GBB we had this year. Breaks seemed to be lower and definitely no were near as loud. However the effect in the sky was much more consistent than cases we have had in the past.

My wife/family/friends were not as impressed (they wanted to know I didn't "do the part that makes every deaf" this year). For those who happened to be at the Victory demo finale a few years ago you know how loud 16 GBB shells going off at once used to be.

Last edited:
I actually thought the overall quality was a little better for the case of GBB we had this year. Breaks seemed to be lower and definitely no were near as loud. However the effect in the sky was much more consistent than cases we have had in the past. .
Agree. If you were buying GBB because it was loud it's been tamed. However if you wanted to have big gorgeous brocades I'd say this was a serious improvement. Took maybe the best 200g Brocade cake and made it even better.

I had noticed GBB was built a little different than previous years (no big clay plug in the center).

7901525A-39A6-4792-AC7A-015D1248F959.png7901525A-39A6-4792-AC7A-015D1248F959.png
Hmmm, interesting to hear that. I use a few of those in my Finale every year. They look beautiful when shot with Aquarian from wfboom. Check out 1:30 into the video here:

There is a decent amount of Pyroking Brand that has been watered down last few years. Some new stuff hits hard though. Just depends on what comes in really have to watch the Demo Video and see whats hot and whats got watered down. Overall though Pyroking Brand is in my opinion one of the more solid brands out there.

The GBB cake definitely was watered down this year. Usually break bigger and higher with a solid break sound.

Well... I guess the proverbial cat is out of the box on the WINCO/Victory buyout. As a wholesale customer going back to that late 90’s this is a sad day. Honestly there has not really been any new pyro king items that feature modern effects recently and their line up has become archaic.

Was at the demo last night. The new batch of turn it loose looked good.
I’m cautious about it. Who’s to say this wasn’t old stock held for the upcoming demo. It’s just so winco to be underwhelming. Hate to spend money on cases and then later find out you got the watered down versions, lol

Everything demoed was fresh stock from the warehouse except Cash In, that was a piece from last year.

Turn it loose sold out the morning after the demo.

Back