Premium members do not see any ads! Click here to learn more.

Pyrofan Forum

R.I.P. Pyrofan

All I can do is speculate why it never came back up but best wishes to Tony, crew, & Freakpyromaniacs.

I know in today's society it is the norm to bash and belittle anyone and everything that one does not like or agree with but I would like to add lets please be respectful of what we say about Pyrofan. Regardless of what has happened, Tony was good to us. There were relatively no issues up till recently. Yes, crap happens but who knows what really happened or is going on other than Tony himself.
So lets please be respectful of what we say about Pyrofan. :)

Well regardless of what happened to that site, it really went down at a terrible time. The real tragedy is again like the U, we've lost so many great threads that contained untold amounts of awesome knowledge. As well as the photos and videos. And of course, the group buys being all messed up. My Boom Boom group buy is a mess right now and I don't think most of the people who participated in year's past are going to show up again this year :(

We need like a board of directors or something... some small group of dedicated forum regulars who are not administrators, but perhaps hold some emergency back up powers... so we are not beholden to one man failing for whatever reason.

Never going back. It's unfortunate what happened. Really threw our Central Indy buy into a tail spin. Moving on.

That's what we have here. Multiple backups accessible by multiple people. :)
Yup, we have a good group of people, and we are connected almost daily by chat which helps a lot to keep communication flowing

Why is it that these pyro forums always go down at such times as to make things terribly inconvenient for demos, splits, group buys, etc...???

If it comes back, great.....if not, I hope this site will continue to grow....

Never going back. It's unfortunate what happened. Really threw our Central Indy buy into a tail spin. Moving on.

I'm on the fence myself about going back or not if it comes back. I agree lot's of things got screwed up because many of us truly do rely on these forums to plan events, group buys, etc. Not everyone is on social media, many people over at PyroFan admitted so, and trying to contact them outside of the forums was tough!

Why is it that these pyro forums always go down at such times as to make things terribly inconvenient for demos, splits, group buys, etc...???

If it comes back, great.....if not, I hope this site will continue to grow....

Yup it really was the worst possible timing, especially for small group buys like the one I run. It's been utter chaos for weeks and hasn't been pleasant I'll say that much!!

I'm on the fence about returning but it's great that this site is run by a core group that we've all known for some time from these forums :) I certainly am on board with this place becoming even better than PyroFan, and if nothing else we know it won't crash and burn that easily!

The forums never seem to die at convenient times. I was working on travel plans with BobinNC when PyroFan went down and had a hard time finding him again because he does not do FB. Last I heard Tonys IT guy ended up having life problems, but I don't know why Tony has not gotten someone else to get the site running on the new server. When the lease ran out on the old server that was the end of that.

The forums never seem to die at convenient times. I was working on travel plans with BobinNC when PyroFan went down and had a hard time finding him again because he does not do FB. Last I heard Tonys IT guy ended up having life problems, but I don't know why Tony has not gotten someone else to get the site running on the new server. When the lease ran out on the old server that was the end of that.
I'm betting his "IT guy" was a friend, hiring out someone to do it is very, very expensive

Weather you liked Pyrofan or not, we have to remember where we came from to get there- Pyrouniverse. No one got taken from Pyrofan like they did with Colin in Pyrouniverse. Yes, we were in the middle of group buy season and lucky we had most of the info with the Ratman and Jeff from Victory. This years group buy was the easiest I ever did. Kudo's to EVERYONE because EVERYONE showed up and helped!

One thing we all have to remember- We don't have a POS in charge that will ban you because you belong on another site or don't agree with what he has to say.

So, Remember the past, Live the day, and plan for the future.

take care;

Doug

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
Let me interject here...…
I was a Global Moderator with Pyrofan and I was more surprised than all of you when Pyrofan went down without notice. Yes, Tony really wanted the site to grow and both Leeca and myself put our hearts and soul into Pyrofan. It took me approx. 4 months to FINALLY get some type of answer for Pyrofan. As was mentioned, Tony's IT guy had a nervous breakdown at work and was out for some time. He also explained that they "missed" the deadline to renew the site. I tried to explain that I had 3 IT guys offering their service in this country. From our conversation, I felt that Tony just didn't want to relinquish any authority to anyone else. His site and his choice. I wish Tony nothing but the best.

Now, like all of you, I was very frustrated when Pyrofan went down as the timing couldn't have been worse as many lost out on group buys and our planning for MAFF really hit a brick wall as well!
I was speaking to another member about re-starting PyroU in a different capacity. I knew about the Facebook group and they are doing well.
I was a bit skeptical about this venture but on my way home from MAFF, I called this individual and said, "Let's do this"!
We started PyroUniverse.info.

I originally bought the PyroU.info domain name and we have 5 guys who have total access to everything about the site. Our goal is to NEVER let the site disappear like the previous two. Like many other sites, we are a work in progress and invite any of you to come on over a take a look around.. PyroUniverse.info is a pyro site for pyros run by pyros! We've incorporated a chat room type social gathering as I miss the days in the old PyroU chatroom on a Sunday evening.
So, swing by, join and say "Hi"!

Hope to see you there,
Cheers,
~Ken

Hello everyone,
Let me interject here...…
I was a Global Moderator with Pyrofan and I was more surprised than all of you when Pyrofan went down without notice. Yes, Tony really wanted the site to grow and both Leeca and myself put our hearts and soul into Pyrofan. It took me approx. 4 months to FINALLY get some type of answer for Pyrofan. As was mentioned, Tony's IT guy had a nervous breakdown at work and was out for some time. He also explained that they "missed" the deadline to renew the site. I tried to explain that I had 3 IT guys offering their service in this country. From our conversation, I felt that Tony just didn't want to relinquish any authority to anyone else. His site and his choice. I wish Tony nothing but the best.

Now, like all of you, I was very frustrated when Pyrofan went down as the timing couldn't have been worse as many lost out on group buys and our planning for MAFF really hit a brick wall as well!
I was speaking to another member about re-starting PyroU in a different capacity. I knew about the Facebook group and they are doing well.
I was a bit skeptical about this venture but on my way home from MAFF, I called this individual and said, "Let's do this"!
We started PyroUniverse.info.

I originally bought the PyroU.info domain name and we have 5 guys who have total access to everything about the site. Our goal is to NEVER let the site disappear like the previous two. Like many other sites, we are a work in progress and invite any of you to come on over a take a look around.. PyroUniverse.info is a pyro site for pyros run by pyros! We've incorporated a chat room type social gathering as I miss the days in the old PyroU chatroom on a Sunday evening.
So, swing by, join and say "Hi"!

Hope to see you there,
Cheers,
~Ken

There is only one thing that I do not understand: Why do we need two different forums? Your profile shows you registered here on the day we started this forum, April 26th and you were offered to be part of the admin team. According to whois data, you registered pyrou on April 29th, 3 days later. This is already a forum for pyros by pyros and the admin team consists of the admins of the Pyro Universe facebook group and also from the original PyroUniverse.

Wouldn't it be better to just have one forum full of industry professionals? Our goal here is to have a forum where new members are treated with dignity and respect so we can better advance this hobby and industry. We want to help people understand safe practices and the proper way to do things and I think we would be better served with all the good information in one place.

MH,
Yeah I signed on just to see what your forum had to offer. Nothing big by joining.
I’ve joined PyroTalk again after getting banned 3 times with a new computer.
Twice for pointing out very unsafe practices and once for talking about a great company’s product that didn’t advertise with DS1.
I don’t post anything anymore as I just sit, watch and read in the shadows.
So, signing up for a forum means nothing at all except to stay well informed. 😉😉

Yes, We registered PyroU.info as soon as MAFF was completed.
Yes, I was offered a spot as an Admin there but we wanted to bring back the old forum the best we could.

Look, I’m not trying to stir the pot here but why are you trolling my information? I haven’t done any harm to you guys but it seems that every move we’ve made you’ve copied or buried our site just below yours.

I’m here to HAVE FUN, meet new people and enjoy our hobby.
I’ve invested enough time and money into our site and I say, let the public visit whichever site they feel most comfortable using. You know, co-exist.

I’ve got no problems with any of you and consider you all a part of my Pyro family.
If I knew you guys were starting this a week or two before MAFF, Hell, things might have been different. 😁

Let’s just enjoy our sites, learn and grow from others knowledge.

Back