Premium members do not see any ads! Click here to learn more.

Speeds of fusing

Pyrohobie

I was just wondering if anyone compiled a list of what type of fuse, speeds of fuse, where to get such fuse?

Cannon Fuse has a good selection.........

I'v purchased mainly from cannon fuse and a couple times from pyrocreations. I'v had great luck with both. I'v purchased from other places and not so good luck with them so I will only purchase from cannon fuse and pyrocreations.

As for a list of speeds, that might be kinda hard to come up with an accurate list because i have seen the same color fuse, mainly green and yellow come in different speeds. The pink perfect fuse seems to be accurate across the board at around 10 sec but the yellow and green seem to come in different speeds (at least from what I have found).

When I buy fuse - and I go through a fair amount of visco - I cut some off each end, how much depending on nominal speed, burn those to confirm speed, put a piece of tape around the fuse somewhere in the middle with the speed written on it, then store it in a ziplock bag with a card saying the speed. I have pink fuse in 2 sec/in, 10 sec/in, and 1/4 sec/in, so keeping them labelled properly is critical. I get it from various suppliers when I see it, and buy a couple of hundred feet at a time.

Back